The ability to sift faith from stupid risks separates the winner from a loser. The ability to separate a smart risk from a stupid risk also separates the champion from the crowd. I heard about a man who many years ago took a stupid risk. He drove a car while drunk and went rolling into a ditch with the weight of the car on top of him. This was followed by a long hard stay in the hospital. Today he is paralyzed from chest down. He could have waited till he was sober from the drink, get a sober friend to help him or called a taxi. Consider some more examples of stupid risks;
- Having unprotected sex with your spouse who is positive to an STD.
- Having sex with a man or woman who is not your spouse
- Late night outing in a crime prone community.
- Lending money to an unknown debtor.
- Setting fire to a compressed carbon dioxide canister
- Jumping into a swimming pool without life guards when you don’t know how to swim, and lots more!
Truth is, if you take stupid risks in life, you will get stupid results! People have been injured for life or even lost their lives because they took stupid risks. God gave you the power of choice but he wants you to seek him for wisdom in every step you take. Always apply wisdom in every decision you want to make. Remember that the bible says that wisdom is profitable to direct. A Latin proverb says: “a wise man learns by the mistakes of others, a fool by his own”. Ask questions on issues! Never rush ahead of God and never do things without wise counsel. Don’t die before your time. Don’t take stupid risks.
Have a great day and don’t forget to share