A lot of people don’t yet understand what developing a healthy self esteem is all about and as a result still live a mediocre life, not knowing their worth. So in this part 1 of harnessing a healthy self esteem I’ll focus on explaining in details what having a healthy self esteem is and what it is not.
So what then is Self Esteem?
- Self esteem is a person’s overall evaluation of his or her worth. It is a judgement of oneself as well as attitude towards the self.
- Self esteem is having a positive or negative evaluation of oneself.
- Having a healthy self esteem is not having a negative reaction or evaluation about oneself.
- It is not feeling bad about oneself or feeling left out or not among.
- It is not feeling the worst about oneself and believing nothing good will come out of oneself.
- It is not doubting ones abilities or potentials.
- It is not having a feeling of disbelief or unworthiness.
- It is not living a life of pity.
Having a healthy self esteem is:
- Removing all the negative feeling about oneself and replacing them with a positive feeling.
- It is having a positive reaction or evaluation about oneself. Believing in oneself and trusting your abilities and potentials.
- It is lifting all the feeling of rejection and replacing them with the feeling of acceptance. It is living a full and complete life of happiness.
Relating to Psalm 139:14 -I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. This is a total example of the voice of a man that has a healthy self esteem. Having a healthy self esteem, you understand that you are fearfully and wonderfully made by God, the kind of feeling that even your soul knoweth and rejoices with you as well.
Imagine the kind of happiness in this feeling, you can never leave a mediocre life knowing this fact. You can never try to live someone else’s life knowing that you are fearfully and wonderfully made.The major reason why people try to emulate others is because they don’t know their worth. Beloved if you know your worth, you will love yourself and start being yourself and not another person. If you know your worth you will value what you do best and not having the feeling that you ain’t doing it right. Not having a healthy self esteem shows your doubt in what God has said concerning your life. Yes, you dont believe that he made you special and unique. You don’t believe you are fearfully and wonderfully made.
The major reason why people try to emulate others is because they don’t know their worth
Do you know what it took him to make you? This is one thing I discovered and developed before I started seeing success all around me. To achieve success in life, you must learn the principles of harnessing a healthy self esteem. Join me again next week Wednesday as I’ll be discussing on The Principles of harnessing a healthy self esteem.